Monday, May 2, 2011

is there an option C

my hormones are out of whack since i was 12 years old.

the past 6 months, though i still bleed heavily during the withdrawal period, i'd say my menstrual cycle was heavenly good. heavenly great in the sense that they come and disappear on a very REGULAR basis. so regular in fact that it usually appears on a Friday afternoon and be gone sometime on a Monday. generally, gone were the days when i would bleed for weeks.

now, i am supposed to take my 7th pack of ocp, but i didn't buy a pack for this month.
if i continue with my schedule, my rest days (off the pill days) in August will fall on the week i will travel to cambodia-vietnam. i definitely don't want this to happen because it means i won't be able to enjoy my trip.

sometime in january, i also decided to slightly alter my diet. about that time, i also decided that i will take the ocp for 6 months only. after that, i will get off the pills and allow my body to function without the help of synthetic hormones. so yeah, i stopped taking the pill beginning yesterday.

results: it's only Day 2 of not taking the pill and NOW, i've the mother of all headaches! well, i've had the headache since yesterday as well. in fact, i slept earlier than usual last night because of the darn headache. woke up with it, and it's still here. perhaps, time to renew my friendship with advil.

so this question is running in my head over and over: should i resume taking the pill and do away with the headache OR, let my body run its natural course and suffer from the daily headaches???

drat, can i have other options?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for reading. do you have or know anyone with adenomyosis? perhaps we could share experiences. would love to hear yours and possibly offer support.