Friday, April 27, 2012

symptom free???

not quite there yet. i'm even ashamed to admit that i sort of went back to my old ways of eating. now, i'm back to 141 lbs since the last time i weighed myself, the same time i last wrote here. almost exactly a year ago. i regained the 10 lbs from the 18 lbs i lost when i was strict about going on a diet to manage my symptoms.
May of last year, i vowed not to take any more contraceptive pills or any injections to try to regulate my period. while i still don't have regular periods, i feel healthier now than i ever was. i stopped tracking my erratic periods since last year, as i stopped bleeding altogether for months. from that day of may, i no longer had hellish periods. at best, i only had a drop or two of blood. so, i didn't consider them as a regular flow. the latest bleeding i had was sometime end of january 2012. i was no longer used to my heavy bleeding that i panicked a little. panicking is not good for my symptom, for if i do - then my bleeding gets worst. i had to skip work because of it again. luckily, the worst of it happened during a weekend and i only missed one day at work. since i had my last period on january 31, i still haven't gotten back to following the diet i made for myself. i'm back to drinking COKE sakto, eating pancakes, breads, spaghetti, and occasional canned tuna and pancit canton. i also couldn't stop myself from eating pork and beef again (darn burgers!). i realize that when i have my symptoms, the motivation to stick to eating healthy foods is at its strongest. however, since i don't bleed as often as before, i'm sliding backwards. it's NOT GOOD! i got my period back last tuesday. it stopped last wednesday but was back again thursday until now (saturday). while the flow is not heavy, only (2 to 3 pads), i deem it not a good sign. my period should have been gone by now. luckily, there is NO pain symptoms and it's not heavy even.
this should be a WAKE UP CALL for me. i should go back to being strict about my food intake. i should not wait until my worst symptoms come back. i just hope i get the resolve back to really avoid the foods i'm not supposed to eat. i need a great amount of resolve especially during the evenings. since i'm mostly alone at night, fighting the urge not to drop by the fastfood restaurants is getting hard. but if i managed to do the diet thing for 6 months, i should be able to get back to it, right?
so, help me GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for reading. do you have or know anyone with adenomyosis? perhaps we could share experiences. would love to hear yours and possibly offer support.