Saturday, September 22, 2012

fight stress and believe

at all cost.

though i have no research to back the claim that stress causes symptoms of adenomyosis to flare up, i have reason to believe that stress has much to do with my bleeding symptoms. in the past three weeks, work has been crazy. i'd say late last week was the craziest. everyone is pressed with deadlines, and from my end - i can't helped but feel the pressure. add to the pressure from work, rush hour traffic is getting hellish every day in mactan. from my place to tamiya terminal, what used to take only less than 10 minutes may now take more than 20 minutes. then, another 10 or 15 minutes to line up for the jeep going to hi-way. since i've no patience to wait up for that long, i usually opt to hail a cab. another stressor as taxi fare burns a big hole in my pocket. while you maybe thinking that traveling from home to work inside the comforts of an air-conditioned taxi is heaven, you thought wrong. at least, i don't think so. waiting inside the taxi for close to at least 26 minutes just to get the CHANCE to cross the old mactan bridge is driving me nuts. every day, i can feel my temper rising due to all this waiting time on the road. if not for the resolve to not let my temper get the better of me, and through God's grace - I don't think I'll be able to get out of traffic without barking at the cab driver or any one.

all these factors: work - traffic - budget; are what i believe made my period appear all so suddenly. of course, it could also be that it's bound to appear since the last time i had it was sometime late june. or it could be of good stress - a friend of mine was getting hitched and a friend from out of town was coming with her whole family. i was either too excited to see her and her brood again that my body played a trick on me and decided to humor me with my period. wednesday of that week, my period decided to visit me. i was on/off the john several times as the bleeding was getting out of whack. i tried hard very much to not be concerned about it especially that i had too many deadlines at work, and can't afford to be absent. however, when i try so hard not to think about it - the more horrible thoughts of not being able to control the bleeding crop up. ergo, i bleed some more. thus, i decided to file for leave just for precautionary measure. voila, thursday came and i only had droplets of blood. i was so happy that i thought i really could see my friend for friday dinner, and in fact, i cancelled my leave and went to work. friday came and it was a different story. the whole afternoon i was fine, until the period went berserk that i had to beg off seeing my friend for dinner. i was actually out of the office, when i felt the blood surge so i had to walk back to my office and hide in the c.r. for close to 20 minutes. i was on and off the c.r. in between the trips, i'd visit my officemates who were doing overtime just to get my mind off the bleeding. i initially left the office a little past 6 P.M., and was finally confident to leave it a little past 8:30. luckily, i didn't have to worry about getting home as my friend picked me up at work and dropped me at my doorsteps. i was so grateful. otherwise, just thinking about how to get home with my unpredictable period is enough to drive my bleeding to nuts again. as soon i got home, i decided to cheat and popped a pill to stop the bleeding. saturday was my friend's wedding and she'd kill me if i don't show up. saturday, i was fine and didn't bleed as much. attended the wedding and had fun with friends and their families. altogether, i truly thought everything would be well. on sunday, i learned that cheating truly isn't good. my period came back with a vengeance. in fact, i missed the church's first worship service. the service is usually at 9 A.M. and around that time, my bleeding decided to go nuts. haha, i kept praying and telling myself that I have a great GOD who is all powerful and that HE won't allow me to miss second service at 11 A.M. as they say, GOD is GOOD and a GREAT HEALER. i did manage to attend the second service, visit my family, and attend send-off gathering at my friend's place.

now, i'm just thankful that everything seems great. work is still crazy and my period stopped last wednesday or thursday. normally, it last weeks before it goes away for a long time. i'm also thankful for this newly-found belief in a mighty GOD. my faith isn't that strong yet, but i'm hopeful that with GOD's grace - anything is possible. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

incidentally, i have people who are helping me in this walk of faith, in knowing more about the Lord JESUS. i'm thankful for them since i met them at a time when i need it most. you guys know who you are. in fact, one of them celebrated her birthday yesterday. BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRACE!!!
the same group of people are actually helping out and organizing a career talk. they've invited multi-awarded motivational speaker, Francis Kong, to speak about Maximizing Productivity. the talk is truly great for employees and entrepreneurs alike. check out the poster below for details of the event. or you may also go to Radisson Blu Hotel's Sta. Maria ballroom. Outside the ballroom, there is a booth where you can get your tickets for the event. They'll be there the whole morning during Sunday service. After you score your tickets, why don't you come and attend the service? believe me, it'll be worth your while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for reading. do you have or know anyone with adenomyosis? perhaps we could share experiences. would love to hear yours and possibly offer support.