Sunday, February 10, 2013

21-day yoga challenge

today would have been my 7th day on the challenge. "would have been" is the operative word because i only made it to the 5th day. i initially thought that doing yoga for two days straight is impossible. after all, i've learned that the muscles need at least a day's rest to recuperate. but when i made it to the 3rd, 4th, 5th, i thought - wow! i could probably complete the 21-day challenge. but like i said, i missed two days already.
early january, i had my period back. the last time i had my period was in october 2012. as it is normal for me to miss some months, i didn't mind it. besides, over the past months prior to october, my period has religiously appeared on a monthly basis. so when my period came last january 4, i figured it will be just like the other months - regular flow with no pain. but towards late night on that friday, i started to feel some cramping. at first i didn't drink anything as my bleeding was just regular and the pain was tolerable. but things changed when saturday came. the bleeding started to become heavier and the pain becoming stronger. when i found a window - a temporary relief from pain and bleeding, i went out of the house to buy myself some supplies and medicines. early on, i noticed that this period would NOT be "uneventful". towards evening of saturday, the pain started to become stronger and the flow heavier. at that time, i resolved to get past this on my own plus a little bit of prayers. sunday came and nothing's changed. i run out of food to eat, thus, had no choice but to call reinforcement. i asked my mother to come to mactan to help me out. as much as possible, i try NOT to get my mother involved. but at that time, i had to ask for help again. monday came and with a lot of blood loss, i wasn't feeling too well to work. i continued to bleed even after taking hemostan. this is the tablet i take whenever the flow appears uncontrollable. as january 7 fell on a week when we are not supposed to go on leave, i had no choice but to visit a doctor to substantiate that i wasn't feigning illness. while i continue to bleed, there were windows that allowed me to visit LH Prime. i initially didn't want to visit my regular OB because her office is at ramos st. near velez. its distance away from mactan alone is enough to trigger my panic. but at that time, i had no choice as the two in-house OB of LH Prime both canceled. so late in the afternoon, i went to my regular OB. i had not visited my OB since 2010. during that visit, i made the decision to stop taking oral contraceptive pills. generally, stop my duphaston-OCP cycle. i just had enough of the side effects. at that time, i vowed to lose weight and just lead a healthy-lifestyle. i managed to stay on a diet for 6 months, and started to feel healthy. when i became healthy again, i went back to my old ways of following the eat-what-i-see diet. anyway, at my OB visit, my doc ordered me to have a transrectal of the uterus ultrasound to check my uterus and adenomyosis. results indicate that my uterus remain to have a thick endometrial lining, but my myoma has shrunk a bit. my doc told me that whatever i did before had an effect on my uterine condition. thus, she asked me to go back on whatever it was i did that was healthy. further more, she gave instructions that if my bleeding won't stop by saturday of that week, then i will have to take some progesterone pill and then back to oral contraceptive pills (gracial) for the next six months. i told her that yeah, i will follow if the bleeding continues. but at the back of my mind, i thought that i truly don't want to go back to that cycle. with that cycle, i usually had 3-days of torture and didn't want to go back. luckily, my bleeding stopped around Friday. i didn't bleed Saturday, and so made a conscious decision to watch my food intake and go back to my yoga.
so that's the story of why i wanted to do the 21-day yoga challenge. from my experience, when i do yoga, my food intake at nights become controlled. the same thing happens for my breakfast intake. however, last friday, my meal schedule got disrupted. i guess i will just have to go back to day 1 and see if i can do it this time. all i know is i truly do not want to go back to taking pills just to control my period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! thanks for reading. do you have or know anyone with adenomyosis? perhaps we could share experiences. would love to hear yours and possibly offer support.